Website performance is one of the basic status that affects SEO. Optimizing your website performance doesn’t only improve website SEO, but also makes a website user friendly. How can you do that? Improving your website seo and performance is not that complicated as there are variety of tools out there you can use to improve your website performance.
Here I’ve selected more than 50 tools you can use to improve your website performance and stand the chance to rank higher in SERP (Search Engine Result Page).
Before we dive in the desk, let’s get a little knowledge about what SEO really is, and how important it is on your website.
Ready? Alright let’s proceed!
What is SEO
Am sure by now you’ve heard people talking about SEO, it’s also a wild topic streaming around the world wide web (www).
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Get it? It is the process whereby increasing your website traffic through organic search engines.
By practicing seo, you’re revealing the visibility of your website to search engine users.
Why is SEO important
Visibility: Due to the improvement of search engines from some years now, people are more likely to get their informations from search result page order than typing website address on their browser.
Your website visibility matters alot because, being visible on search engines increases your website’s traffic, drive more sales to your products and lot more.
Authority: By practicing seo you’re bringing trust to your brand, and that will actually build trust between you and your users.
Back to our topic, here are the list of 50+ tools to improve your website seo and also optimize your website performance making it more user friendly.
50+ tools to improve your website seo and performance
Knowing which website links to you or to other competitors is very important. It gives you lot of understanding on how your website is performing and how to resolve issues.
1. Moz: When looking for link overview tool, Moz is very useful in this area. Moz is a SEO software that has loads of features including tracking performance, insights, reporting of website performance and many other features. With moz, you can check out your website’s backlinks, view how your links are performing and suggest what to do to improve your site website performance.
2. SEMrush: SEMrush is another popular tool, that helps in analyzing your links and gives you a quick overview on how to fix errors.
3. Majestic: Majestic is a free tool to analize your entire web pages, and even use link context to find your competitors links, view the top backlinks on your site and many other poweful features.
I listed six tools you can use to monitor your site links. Now when it comes to the terms of speed, is like you are making some discussion with search engines, fact that search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo are very active when it comes to website speed. If you have a slow site your site will struggle to rank on search engines, no body like a slow website, with variety of tools you can improve your website speed.
7. Yslow: Yslow analyzes web pages, it’s a good tool for improving website speed.
8. GTMetrics: It is a free tool to check how fast your website load, test the performance of your pages in different countries, and the most juicy part about GTMetrics is that, they summarize the report of your website so you can easily make your changes in the right way. One of GTMetrics features enables you to set up alart so you can be notified when your page is slow.
9. Pingdom Tools: Best to know how web page is slow, fast or too big. With Pingdom Tools you can monitor your website’s uptime, interaction and performance.
10. Google Lighthouse
Doing keyword research is the best way to start optimizing your website for seo. Every SEO strategy should begin with keyword research, they gives you related insights like, related searches, number of searches and lot more.
15. Google AdWords keyword planner
16. Moz pro keyword explorer
17. Google Trends
20. Yoast suggest
Spider tools are also essential on your website, they crawl your website and look for 404 error pages (broken links), and also check HTML mark-up.
21. Site bulb: This tool is very useful. Site bulb is a powerful website crawler with insightful reporting system. This tool comes with a data visualization, graphs, charts and many other features to help you understand what each data means.
22. Screaming Frog
26. Netpeak Spider
Am sure you’ve heard about duplicate content right? Does it really matter if you have duplicate content on your website? Absolutely yes. If you don’t actually know what duplicate content is, it means a content that appears more than one places in the internet.
One thing you should know is that, duplicate content can harm your search rankings, It can even lead search engine like Google to penalize your website.
To avoid duplicate content on your website, there are lot of tools to help you track all your contents, and preview how your contents are behaving.
27. Sitelinear: Sitelinear is a free tool that gives you all the analysis of your entire website. With Sitelinear, you can track each of your pages, contents and even links.
From couple of years now, analytics tools are one of the most used tools all webmaster s use in analyzing website performance, behavior and how users are exploring your website. The most powerful features of all analytics tools have is tracking.
With analytics tools, you can get quick overview how your visitors are interacting with your website, track the location they are coming from, view the pages they visited before leaving your website, you can also get knowledge about what they are looking for in your website.
33. Google Analytics: Google analytics have all the features you need in tracking your website. Google analytics is the most used analytics tool, track how your visitors are coming from, pages they visited and many other features.
34. Google Search Console
44. Go Squared
47. Open web analytics
Optimizing your website for mobile users can really boost up your rankings especially search engines like Google.
Few years ago, google releases AMP (Acceleration Mobile Page), am going to talk about on my next article, so stay tuned. Always check how your website is performing on mobile devices, there are lot of tools to make your website more responsive, and instruct you on how to make some changes.
48. Rankwatch: Rankwatch is a tool specifically designed to test your website responsiveness.
49. Browser Stack
50. Page Speed Insights
51. Bing Mobile Friendliness tool
52. Varvy mobile SEO
53. W3C mobile checker
The tools listed above are designed to help you grow your website usability, boost your site rankings on SEO and lot more.
Feel free to pick any tool that suits your needs and start optimizing your website.
Thanks for reading, if you fined this article helpful or need any answer you can leave a comment below.